Sports & Remedial Massage Therapy
A deep tissue therapy is not only for sports people, sports injuries and pre/post event treatments but is also recommended for repetitive strain or injury from jobs/hobbies or just tight, stiff or aching muscles from life in general. Different techniques i.e. massage, friction, trigger point, active & passive stretching etc are used to manipulate specific muscles according to your needs. Aiming to help increase mobility and circulation and decrease discomfort or as a maintenance treatment for the prevention of injury or strain. Full consultation, assessment, treatment and aftercare advice are given and the course of treatment is recommended on an individual basis.
Athletic & Kinesiology taping
Athletic and Kinesiology taping also available to help immobilise or support muscles and movement and is also good to reduce inflammation and swelling.
Athletic & Kinesiology taping – £price upon application
Some common uses of kinesiology taping include:
- Pain relief: Kinesiology tape is often used to alleviate pain and discomfort in various parts of the body, including the back, shoulders, knees, and neck. It is believed to reduce pain by lifting the skin and creating space between the skin and the underlying tissues, which may help reduce pressure on pain receptors and improve circulation.
- Muscle support: Athletes often use kinesiology tape to provide support to muscles and joints, which can help prevent injury or protect an injured area while still allowing for a range of motion. The tape is applied in specific patterns to facilitate proper muscle function.
- Swelling and edema reduction: Kinesiology tape can be applied in a manner that helps reduce swelling and edema in injured or inflamed areas by improving lymphatic drainage.
- Postural correction: It can be used to support and encourage proper posture by applying the tape in a way that gently pulls the body into the desired position.
- Rehabilitation and injury management: Kinesiology tape is often used as part of rehabilitation programs to support the healing process and promote functional recovery.